Tuesday, October 20, 2009

October 19, 2009, Wolf River excursion


I took a little day trip up to the Wolf River in Langlade County yesterday (October 19). I managed to get about 5 hours of fishing in throughout the afternoon. I started at a public access off East Wolf Road just south of Lily. I had planned to fish off Wolf River Landing Road, but I ended up in the wrong location. I only realized my error when I had to hike about a quarter mile to get to the river. I fished the stretch I found there, which seemed to have some decent pocket water, but I did not have a single hit. I then moved downstream to the public access off West Hollister Road. The access there is a very beautiful spot located right on some minor rapids and pocket water. I managed to land three browns in the 10 to 11 inch range over an hour of fishing this little stretch of water. I ran out of daylight before having a chance to actually fish the Irrigation Hole. However, I did wade the area for about 20 minutes just to see what it looked like, and I did not see much productive water near the public access. I drove home down 55 through the Menominee Reservation. That is a very fun road to drive, very much like being on a roller coaster. I stopped to try eating at a Golden Corral just south of Stevens Point. For a total of $13 I was treated to pretty mediocre food. I don't recommend it.

No comments:

Post a Comment